Saturday, July 01, 2006

The devil wears Louis Feraud

Or did when I worked there. Here's Myrna Blyth's comment on fashion culture:
Personally, I would bet that there are some assistants somewhere in the bowels of Conde Nast who have maxed out their credit cards, dressing in Chanels. And some probably have parents who have been buying them couture since they were tall enough to fit into a size two. There are still some magazines, like the priciest of colleges, that young women can only work at if their parents can afford to send them.
That seems very true to me. The fashion industry attacted a lot of wealthy gals back when I was on Seventh Ave. at Louis Feraud. You could tell by the shoes. Mine were 9 West, though many of the other women wore Prada.

2 Comments:

Anonymous C. LaRue said...

That Hathaway gal playing protaganist even looks like you!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

That reminds me to hire a babysitter this week, so I can actually go see the movie.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home