Friday, August 04, 2006

Going gray

This writer thinks more women in Texas dye their hair than other places. That sounds right to me. As I start to go gray, I'm considering becoming a club member:
Andre Nizetich, president of the California-based American Board of Certified Haircolorists, agrees with the more conservative numbers and believes that about 35 percent of women ages 18 to 60 color their hair. He said that most start in their 30s to cover the first signs of gray. They stop in their 50s because they're tired of the hassle and expense, have been married for at least 20 years, and figure "my husband loves me the way I am."
Do you dye for your husband or for yourself?

4 Comments:

Anonymous luther said...

My answer is ... I don't dye my hair and I don't have a husband! However, I do think Colleen's dyes her hair for herself.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MYSELF baby. And I don't have enough gray yet to make a difference so it's not for that, either. But UH I am starting to agree about hassle+expense.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I asked a stylist about costs and was shocked. Highlights, kept up, are about $500 a year.

8:49 PM  
Anonymous kathy said...

oops by the way I was anonymous

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home