Monday, September 11, 2006

Mostly this, a little of that

The house is suddenly, stunningly quiet -- the toddler napping, the kindergartener at school, the dryer silent.

Perfect.

As I said before, I still feel 9/11 like it happened yesterday so I won't bore you with more sentiment. There's plenty going around!

I had a nice visit with family over the weekend, a hustled drive down to the Houston area and a hurried one back, but the length of time in between unfolded naturally enough to visit with good people.

My children, already short on sleep, lost more because of the excitement of sleeping in a hotel room. They inexplicably did NOT sleep the whole way home as I had predicted. In fact, Super B. Didn't sleep at all! But they were pretty good nonetheless.* Thank you, Laurie Berkner.

My husband had the house and garage all to himself this weekend, with the mission of completing the behemoth project of converting his Miata engine to a 400-horsepower sports car. As the completion date is four months passed, I had great hopes for his time alone, but we're still looking at the holiday season before he's ready to take me for a spin. I noticed you didn't make the bed this weekend, I said when I returned. Ha! he replied, good one!

*Brendan dumped Emma's box of crayons on the floor twice and laughed at her when she cried. She then complained to me that she had never wanted a little brother.

3 Comments:

Anonymous luther said...

Wow!! And I always thought you guys had Brendan because Emma asked you to.

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Wendy said...

Different plan for today. We had cupcakes,and party hats. My triplets turned 8.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Quite a different plan, indeed. Congratulations -- you're halfway to three extra cars!

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home