Tuesday, September 12, 2006

What the jalapeno is going on?

What type of thoughtful and gifted writer would question erstwhile NYT's ombudsman Daniel Okrent's assertion that
Anonymous sources matter more than political biases? How could a thoughtful and gifted writer like Okrent commit himself to such an implausible proposition?
and then not tell his reader why anonymous sources mattering more than political biases is such an implausible proposition? I don't think it's implausible at all.

Fine by me if you want to run a liberal or conservative newspaper, as long as you are not pretending otherwise. But if you are pretending otherwise and using anonymous sources, how am I supposed to trust you?

Could we please dispense with anonymous sources?

1 Comments:

Anonymous A Little birdy said...

Anonymous is good when I tell people things. Why don't you like me? Why don't you like The Little Birdy telling people things?

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home