Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I thought I was above the election fray

But I dreamed last night that I was watching election results roll in, in some stadium in Washington state. There were high school marching bands and huge crowds of people. The stadium itself seemed to be a kind of city. Apparently I was a political reporter and had written a favorable article about one of the candidates. While we watched the results roll in, he was losing at first, but slowly the numbers started to favor him until he had enough votes that we were sure he'd win.

Secure in his victory, he went across the street with his wife to his favorite Chinese restaurant and ordered the barbecue puppy. By the time I go there, he'd torn the flesh with his teeth. He looked at me and told me my article had really inspired his campaign.

I was too horrified to respond.

7 Comments:

Anonymous luther said...

So deep down you are wondering if all "conservatives" really are terribly mean, dark and evil? And you are wondering if your voting habits are actually doing great harm to kittens and puppys? Yes ... YES!!! Welcome to the harsh realities of the dark side!

All kidding asside that's a freaky dream!!! Glad I didn't have it!!

Tonight try thinking about shopping for shoes before falling asleep. :)

5:54 PM  
Anonymous joe bob briggs said...

Sounds like a scene from a movie I reviewed once ...

9:59 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Shoes indeed!

I used to be afraid to vote because I was afraid I'd choose the wrong person. How dumb is that?

On the other hand, "Only I can prevent forest fires!"

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Howard Dean said...

With the choices you’ve made in the last few years not only should you be afraid – you should be very ashamed!! Bad girl!!! Bad evil girl!!!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

We get a lot of sock puppet celebrities here, Mr. Dean. But I have no doubt that you're the real deal!

5:49 PM  
Anonymous luther said...

Just for the record - I am the real Luther Casey. I know a lot of people pretend to be me on other blogs - but this is the real deal.

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Endora said...

Ha! I'm supposed ot believe that?

Actually, we just sock-puppet for fun here, but on more high-profile blogs, the actual bloggers have been called out for using pseudonyms in their comments sections to agree with themselves. Silly, isn't it?

I'll say one thing for this site, it's wisdom and insight keep me coming back for more!

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home