Monday, October 09, 2006

Reminds me of my dad

Via Althouse here's a NYT's Q&A with Fox News Sunday's Chris Wallace:
Is political discourse in this country so scripted and dull that if someone displays a flare of authentic emotion, it makes headlines?

This was Bill Clinton unplugged — the good, the bad and the ugly.

I didn’t see it as bad or ugly. I saw it as a genuine expression of feeling.

You weren’t in the room.

You became host of the show only three years ago, replacing Tony Snow, who later became the White House press secretary. Why did he leave television?

Because he was interested in becoming a radio star.

That doesn’t sound very convincing.

I am sorry you’re not persuaded.

Hee hee.

4 Comments:

Anonymous jon stewart said...

This has nothing to do with "Reminds me of my dad", but I've heard rumours several of you are concerned about me - so I just wanted you to know that 1) I'm not running for president and 2) I scoff at the suggestion that people get their news from The Daily Show.

Shalom!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,218903,00.html

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=237005>1=7703

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Is political discourse in this country so scripted and dull that if someone displays a flare of authentic emotion, it makes headlines?"

YES!! The fear of losing footing in an elected position, the fear of party incurring their party's wrath, and the (especially this month) likely possibility that an elected official is going to make a public moron of himself is causing every word and nuance to be tightly controlled and scripted. There is a price for everything...even selling one's soul to keep the status quo. Bleh.

Dana

7:23 PM  
Anonymous satan said...

Ah come on ... is selling your soul really so bad? It's really such a small, small price to pay.

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Jim Jeffords said...

Tell me about it.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home