Friday, November 03, 2006

Snacks

Dr. Phil -- a terrorist? (Via Dr. Helen.)

Wait -- I guess that's all I have, what with Halloween bloat and whatnot. Have a good weekend Bystander readers!

Added: Oh, no, wait. Is the NYT's saying the Saddam Hussein was one year away from a nuclear weapon in this paragraph:
Among the dozens of documents in English were Iraqi reports written in the 1990s and in 2002 for United Nations inspectors in charge of making sure Iraq had abandoned its unconventional arms programs after the Persian Gulf war. Experts say that at the time, Mr. Hussein’s scientists were on the verge of building an atom bomb, as little as a year away.
That doesn't sound like their usual narrative.

Added, the second: This Tuesday will mark my fourth blogiversary, which I could prove if I ever haul over those old archives off my husband's laptop. Eh - too much work. Also, who knows what kind of horrendous posts I'd find. However, for those who insist on making a big deal out of it, here's a hint at what would make a good gift. Egads, I was going to renew a joke from my old blog, but I can't find any styles I like. I already lived in the 80's. I'm not ready to go back!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the blogiversary, Nancy. Wow, the outfit is $2,300 of sheer tackiness. Glad your column is tacky like that and is, always, a good read.

Dana

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

agh, I meant is NOT tacky like that...!!!!! So sorry!

Dana

11:25 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Thanks, Dana! I try to edit out my tackiness, but it occasionally slips through. ;)

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home