Friday, January 12, 2007

Name this post

I was going to write and label this post "Aaaaaaannnnnd--exhale!" But instead I give you this:

Well, I really don't mind the rain
And a smile can hide all the pain
But you're down when you're ridin' the train that's takin' the long way
And I dream of the things I'll do
With a subway token and a dollar tucked inside my shoe
There'll be a load of compromisin'
On the road to my horizon
But I'm gonna be where the lights are shinin' on meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Note: Extra e's and exclamation point added.

6 Comments:

Anonymous kathy said...

like a rhinestone COWboy

are you feeling like a rhinestone cowboy today? do you still have a little bit of a fever maybe?

10:32 PM  
Blogger Mike in S.A. said...

One Glen Campbell song I've never been able to find is "Any Which Way You Can." He recorded the song for Clint Eastwood's movie of the same name in 1980. Apparently it was included only on the movie's soundtrack, which is no longer available.

1:19 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Nah, I'm doing fine. Just matched my mood. Have been buried under "work."

And it started pouring rain on us walking home from school. The baby was not amused. It woke him up from a nap.

I don't remember that song, Mike. But I remember the movie.

7:50 AM  
Anonymous luther said...

Always liked 'Witchita Lineman' myself.

Oh and you probably shouldn't refer to Gene as "the baby"! :)

10:32 AM  
Blogger Mike in S.A. said...

Although the song had the same title as the movie, Campbell (sporting a full beard) sings it at the movie's end rather than at the beginning.

The opening song to Any Which Way You Can is one of my favorite country tunes - a duet by Clint Eastwood and Ray Charles entitled "Beers to You."

5:56 PM  
Anonymous kathy said...

hey "Any Which Way You Can" is available on iTunes, sung by Glen Campbell. (I just checked! I love iTunes)

i was kidding about the fever by the way (though I'm glad you're better) -- I love Rhinestone Cowboy.

STAY WARM UP THERE.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home