Monday, January 22, 2007

Yes,

News stories are written before any interviews take place.

Update: A letter to Instapundit:

As a recovering journalist, I think that few people pay attention to the tone of their questions. There is such an institutional bias, reporters rarely think about how their questions sound. The questions sound fine to them. If the questions didn't sound fine to them, they would have written the questions differently.

The lack of competing ideologies in the newsroom creates tone deaf reporters. And they serve to reinforce the, by now cliche, image of an out of touch mainstream media. Just my two cents.

Two Cents Worth was the name of my column in high school!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike in S.A. said...

I love it: "You're not a racist, sexist, warmongering pig? Then what kind of a conservative are you?!?"

I get that a lot.

By the way, I finally saw "Children of Men" this weekend. Great film, although I'm sure Donna B. would call it sexist because it was the women who were infertile ;)

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its interesting how dishonest media can be when attempting to frame a story with just the right slant needed to fill an already prescribed agenda. At the least, its patronizing and insulting to the audience, and so disrespectful to the interviewee...

I particularly liked this "I emphasized that for me the process of change was not sudden at all; it took several years,...and was far more cognitive than emotional", I always think the left is far more emotionally driven in their attempted arguments rather than pragmatic and practical (like the right!)which is why they don't have the necessary legs to stand.

"I'm sure Donna B. would call it sexist because it was the women who were infertile"....but of course.

D.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home