Monday, March 05, 2007

Yor hona, I'm just uh po' cuntreh chicken

Drudge headline screams "Kentucky Fried Hillary: NY Senator Adopts Southern Drawl in Church Service," and links to these audio clips. It's funny because I heard a clip of Obama's Selma speech on the radio yesterday and heard the same southern accent, which he doesn't seem to usually have.

It's hard for me not to adopt accents of people I'm speaking to--they just envelope me, but I think speech givers would be very careful of that. I wonder if there will be any blowback?

Funny Futurama tie-in here. Scroll down to the Hyper-Chicken.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous luther said...

I heard those clips this morning. Hillary speaks normally, then goes into the southern accent while quoting, then goes back to normal speak. So it was definitely intentional, but kinda odd to me. So as they travel the nation will they do other impersonations like Bostonians, Texans, etc?

11:31 AM  
Blogger Mike in S.A. said...

It's hard for me not to adopt accents of people I'm speaking to--they just envelope me...

My mom is the same way. As a teenager, I used to get very embarrassed when she would do that.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Another opportunity to embarrass my children!

L-man, welcome back!

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a clip of Hillary on the news doing her best (bad) impression of a southern preacher and I have to say the physicality of her performance was also unbecoming... sort of slouchy behind the podium and making unpleasant looking faces.

She needs to work on her presentation.

Dana

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home