Saturday, April 21, 2007

I'm busy and important

My very busy and important week is over. (I call myself busy and important, when really I'm just busy.) It started with an out-of-town wedding last weekend, ended with a birthday party for my six-year-old daughter and in the middle was congested by a couple of deadlines. Plus, the usual--dinners, lunches, soccer practices, toddler time, etc.

The moral dilemma of the week was whether to invite a couple of preschool girls that my daughter runs around with on my cul de sac for the party, and I chose not to. Two are sisters fifteen months apart and are often at each other's throats. I thought it would be tough on the little ones around bigger kids, and I knew with up to fifteen, I wouldn't be able to supervise well enough to keep the party moving.

But I hope to make amends by inviting them over for cupcakes and water sprinkler fun for my son's birthday next Sunday. I am 90% less stressed over this one, partly because I now have birthday party experience, and partly because, unless it rains, I'm not inviting anyone inside.

I have nothing of interest to post as I've not been watching the news closely, probably lucky to be busy right now. The headlines are just awful.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

Nancy, please. Nothing interesting to post? Your life is delightfully entertaining and thoughtful, and always, even when its about installing overhead fans throughout the house, interesting.

You really are busy. And most decidedly important!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Dana, you are too kind to me! You know, part of the work of being an at-home mom is just being the person at home, even if you have nothing to do. You are the person at home waiting in case something happens.

That can be exhausting sometimes. However, it was not my experience this week. This week was busy as will next week be and with jury duty the following week, so will it be busy!

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Gary M said...

Hey, you're both right. Nancy, you're important; Dana, you're kind!

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home