Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I don't want to go to the zoo! and other tragediezth of thoccer mom life

Tomorrow the Kindergarten clath goes to the zoo and chaperoneth without younger thiblingth in tow are invited. If the thtate of Texath would like to pay for childcare, I'd be happy to chaperone. Azth it izth, I think I'm better off with a few hourzth to mythelf tomorrow morning while my three-year-old is at a motherzth day out program.

Today I thpent one mitherable hour at Build-a-Bear while each of about 10 three-year-old'th had their bearzth thtuffed and hand-thewn by their Build-a-Bear hothteth. Really, the company zshould pay for one perthon to thtuff and one perthon to thew. My thmall handbag wazth too heavy, pulling mightily on my lower back. I had to make polite converthation with other young momth and basically thtand around for an hour feeling uncomfortable. Thith izth the part of pre-thcool dayzth I don't like--forthed thocialithation with other momth. And they're all thuper nithe--I jutht don't know what to do with mythelf, exthept thtand around with my handth in my pocketth.

Of courzthe, thith could be the Cretht White Thtripth talkin' (day 5), but I am theriouthly cranky!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

Thoo funny,Nanthy!

Seriously, I hated forced socialization with other moms when my kids were small. I just knew their kids always cleaned their rooms (not just shove crap under their beds) and actually used soap during their showers.

But really, relax and enjoy shiny white teeth and your little one at Build-a-Bear because in 10 years when your sweet little one is taken hostage by adolescence, you'll be soaking those Creth White Thtripth in vodka.

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha dana made me laugh! and so did you nancy

btw you were right to pop for the crest ones! I tried the HEB house brand recently and they are MUCH worse, you can't even talk like thith

9:33 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Theriouthly!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Mike LaRoche said...

thith could be the Cretht White Thtripth talkin'

What happened to the Kendall-Jackson?

1:52 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

when your sweet little one is taken hostage by adolescence, you'll be soaking those Creth White Thtripth in vodka.

Aiyeee!

What happened to the Kendall-Jackson?

That comes after the white strips.

7:07 AM  
Anonymous kathy said...

(anonymous up there was meeeee by the way)

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home