Sunday, July 29, 2007

Bottled water comes from the tap

Advantage, my dad, who gets a chuckle out of me buying into this industry:
The new bottles will say, "The Aquafina in this bottle is purified water that originates from a public water source," or something similar, Pepsi-Cola North America spokeswoman Nicole Bradley told CNN.
Why do I drink bottled water? Because I'm thirsty! (Rim shot.) Well, I generally only drink it while traveling as water has different tastes in different parts of the country, or if I'm out and about and just thirsty. Beats soda when you're thirsty.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike LaRoche said...

Aquafina comes from SA's Edwards Aquifer. Nothing beats Montana water, though!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I mostly drink Britta water at home and refill my reusable bottle with water from the filtered fountain at work, but I'm pretty likely to get bottled water while just out and about. It's easy and (as you pointed out) consistently pleasant.

It's stupidly pricey when you think about it, but we're really paying more for the convenience than for the product.

9:26 PM  
Anonymous georgios papanikolaou said...

Just be thankful that it doesn't come from the pap.

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home