Monday, July 23, 2007

Persona non blogger

I'm in the middle of a kitchen renovation, which we have taken upon our middle-aged selves. We actually took out the fireplace and part of a wall and have framed a new one. Today, I jackhammered half the kitchen up before a friend bearing soda-fountain diet cokes came over to help me finish the other half. Good friend. The tile came up relatively easy compared to hers because it was laid on top of linoleum.

I have some pictures and want to do a longer post when time allows, but tonight, as my body is still reverberating from the jackhammer, I'm going to rest my bones.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mike LaRoche said...

Today, I jackhammered half the kitchen up before a friend bearing soda-fountain diet cokes came over to help me finish the other half.

Your handyman husband is lucky to have a wife to takes to household renovations (and power tools) with such enthusiasm!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Okay, Nancy, stop wearing so many hats successfully - you're making the rest of us look bad.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous cassandra said...

Oh my, that's what we should be doing here. You needed a jackhammer to break up the tile???

Yikes, and I thought I could do it with a pry bar.

Pix!!

2:32 PM  
Anonymous luther said...

The really interesting part is that she rides the jackhammer like a pogo stick!! Really quite impressive!! Or so I have read ... :)

3:19 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Dana, your comment is a perfect example of some comments not coming into my inbox. Huh.

Mike, your sentiments are exactly what I was thinking after a hard day's work, but I gave it away to fast. It's like I'm single again. I busted up that tile just to make things easier on my husband and today he said, "Can you pull up the linoleum too?" Aye! My back!

Cassandra, well my friends have a jackhammer (@ $250, I think) b/c they have other rooms with more tile to bust up, and they generously let me borrow it. If you have a small space, a chisel or crow bar will do well or perhaps you could rent or borrow a jackhammer for larger spaces. The mastic (or cement) that glues it to the floor is tough and creates a lot of dust.

Luther, that means I need that scraper tomorrow morning, please! :)

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home