Thursday, July 19, 2007

Tom Catmull and the Clerics

It's finally published! Best band in Missoula, Montana. Congratulations!
...longevity and loyalty mean a lot to Best Of voters, as do boot-stomping roots-rock, intelligent lyrics and, perhaps, a sexy bald head. That combination made Tom Catmull, with and without the Clerics, king of the hill in these highly competitive categories. Whether it’s the intimate setting of Shadows Keep, where Catmull often plays solo, or a packed house of twirling dancers at the Union Club, where he’s joined by his four talented bandmates, this local stalwart ain’t leaving local listeners in the lurch.
I've occasionally heard him say that his sister (that would be me) taught him to play guitar. If I did, it was the three chords that I learned as a sulky teenager and still know today. His talent has soared and I'm pretty much in awe.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Mike LaRoche said...

Congratulations! Cassandra and I should be seeing him perform live and in person next Friday.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Mike in S.A., you are going to MT next week? And will meet cassandra? Terrific!

I must be kept abreast of you people and your travel plans!

:)

9:52 PM  
Blogger Mike LaRoche said...

Yes, when I go up to Yakima, Washington to visit my brother next week, I'm going to take a side-trip to my former hometown of Missoula.

Cassandra and I will try to catch Tom's performance at the Union Club! :)

2:06 AM  
Anonymous Luther said...

Very cool!!! So is there a story behind the name of the band?
" ... and the Clerics"?

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home