Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Thank God!

This is the most interesting thing I've ever read that a potential first lady said:

"I love girly makeup and stuff, but my view is that's a lot of work," she said, explaining her decision to routinely skip the makeup chair.

"I want people to get used to my face more naturally so that I don't have to do that every day. Who's got time to put eyelashes on and all that?"

It is doubtful I would support her husband for president, but if we were voting for first lady, she'd be at the top of my list.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

"but if we were voting for first lady, she'd be at the top of my list."

Ditto.

How refreshing.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Elmo said...

Thats great. Good for her.

Out of curiosity, would you be willing to say why you would not support her husband? Is it just party affiliation or is it something more fundamental to his views?

11:56 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I'm an Independent, but a hawkish one, and I don't think we should leave Iraq right now.

I also have some disagreements with Obama on economic policy.

But it's too bad because he has SUCH charisma, really JFK like, I think, which would be refreshing for the next president.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Elmo said...

Yeah I think you are right about Obama's charisma. If anything wins it for him, that will. I am not sure about all of his views yet, but I was listening to his podcast and have found quite a bit that I like about him. I guess I am waiting for the other shoe to drop :)

And Iraq is such a no-win situation, politically speaking. I would hate to be running for office right now.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home