Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Unfinished work

Dana keeps a photo blog, but sometimes it's her captions that capture me. Here she wrote, "A fold of five we were and no one else on this earth mattered."

People want to know how to keep the passion in their marriage after that falling-in-love feeling fades away. For me, that passion is simply re-directed to the children. It really is a type of love affair with highs and lows and always, always energy. My daughter left for her first day of school with a smile on her face and returned with an even bigger one. And since then she's been bouncy, bouncy, bouncy. I know the newness will wear off, as it always does, but it will be replaced by the newness of another adventure--soccer, gymnastics, a new friend? Who knows.

For Brendan, Dana's post got me thinking about something I'd written to commemorate his first birthday, in my pre-Blogger days. I think I pulled it over to my archives though. Ah, yes, here it is. Shoot. Can't find it. Here's a picture from his birthday, when I was marveling at how much can change in one year:

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous allan said...

Raisin dodgeball...always a fun game for parents. Kids' arms still too weak to fling them back with any velocity.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Gosh Nancy.

Just, gosh.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Mike LaRoche said...

Dana, why haven't you been posting at the Swamp? We miss you! :(

12:01 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

allan, we'd save our black jelly beans at Easter and have that same fight!

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home