Wednesday, October 03, 2007

VETO

President Bush's fourth veto in seven years! It's easier saying no to Congress with the Democrats as the majority party, isn't it? I'm glad he did it, but I'm still irritable, and I hope he doesn't get all sanctimonious about spending too much money in the wrong places. That rings hollow after all those rubber stamps.

I'm all for funding health care for children of poor people or working poor people, but if we expand that entitlement up to middle-class people (is $82,000/year upper middle-class?) we'll never get that horse back in the barn. I know very little of the health care crisis beyond that there is one, but I know a runaway entitlement when I see one.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike LaRoche said...

As a traditional throw-old-people-out-in-the-snow and starve-the-children Republican, I agree with this veto. Bush should have been doing this since the first day of his administration!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I particularly like the "throw-old-people-out-in-the-snow" part of your platform.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home