Saturday, December 01, 2007

A post designed to bump that dark post about evil people off the top of my page

This post was originally a comment at Mike Kennedy's post on his new blog, A Brief History.

This is terrible news about Kevin Drum’s moderators deleting your comments. My guess is they’re interns or assistants.

(snip)

As to the CNN debates, I don’t mind Democrats submitting questions to Republicans; the problem is, if Fred Barnes is to believed, Democrats are also the ones submitting questions to Democratic candidates too, all sponsored by our unbiased media.

A quote from Barnes: Remember the CNN debate in Las Vegas where they had a soldier get up with his mother, and he — but did he challenge the Democrats who were against the war? No. He was against the war, too. He ratified their position.

So you can see the completely different ways CNN handled that—one to screw Republicans, one to boost Democrats.

I had wanted to post this on my own blog, and I still might!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Mike LaRoche said...

I am only resolved to act in that manner, which will, in my own opinion, constitute my happiness, without reference to you, or to any person so wholly unconnected with me. -Elizabeth Bennet, Pride and Prejudice

I just noticed the new addition to your banner!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I'm back and forth on it. It's a bit combative. I mean, I do act (and want to act) with reference to people connected with me--friends (online and off), family, etc.

The quote is from the scene where Lady Catherine is trying to force her into pledging not to marry Mr. Darcy.

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Nancy said...

Test post from the east wing of Bystander Manor.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

If anything is remembered from this eternal campaign season, it has to be to the debate debacles. They are now a parody of our political machinations at large. But then again, why do any of us expect transparency and interity with any entity that is even remotely connected with politics as is the media?

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home