Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Both lists

Blacklist to black list.

"When the blacklist hit, I saw actors walk across the street to avoid me. The doorman at 485 Madison Avenue (former CBS headquarters) turned his back as I walked by. But I never felt hated by the ring-wing blacklisters. They just felt we were terribly wrong," he said.

"These days, the left doesn't just disagree with right-wingers - they hate them. People actually shudder when I tell them I'm a Republican. I should have to carry a bell and yell, 'unclean.' It doesn't bother me, though. I've been on both ends. Being hated is like voodoo. It only works if you feel hated. And I just won't. I know it will pass."

He's right about that feeling hated part, you know.

Hat tip Instapundit.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Idiot said...

Well it’s just so easy to hate all you underinflated tire driver arounders!!!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Right wingers always seem to treat me like a child with funny ideas I'll "grow out of." Chad has to listen to democrat/liberal/lefty jokes all day at work.

So it's on both sides.

3:09 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Oh, I'm well aware of that. But neither side should be in threat of employment.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Also, I didn't know you guys were liberal!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That's definitely true, it should not affect employment.

And I laughed out loud when I read, "I didn't know you guys were liberals!" And then I was like, wait... maybe she didn't know... Oh, surelyyyy!

Ahhh, the sarcasm and the internet. What a combo.

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Brett said...

Nancy ~

Don't know if you've heard of this blog but I think you'd find it interesting. The author is a woman who changed from liberal to conservative and was shocked and surprised by the vitriol her supposed liberal "friends" had for her.

http://neoneocon.com/

Her commentary is extremely thoughtful and I hope you get a chance to read her story.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Ha! Gotcha Elizabeth!

Brett, thanks for the tip. I've read neoneocon, but I'll check her out again.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home