Sunday, November 02, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Above, our daughter required costumes for the whole family this year. I'm wearing a "Dark Angel" costume, plus a witch's hat at her request. I asked for a medium or large and Party City only had a medium. It was a bit too small, but with all that fabric, not very noticeably so. My husband, who flew in from New Jersey just for the weekend, went as an executioner geek. (If I had a close up you'd see his glasses make him look a little geeky.)

Above, an old feature. Our 15-year-old neighbor helps my kids put the bones in the right order. My husband bought the skeleton from a medical equipment supply magazine.

A few new features this year.


The kids loved the rats.

You can't see it, but also added are a giant spider web and giant spiders. Plus, we had a fog machine and Gene rigged up thundering sound effects through some old speakers.

Parents were having their kids pose for pictures in our yard!

I was not well this Halloween, but duty calls on the most exciting night of the year! So, I did a little trick-or; I did a little treating. I think I hit the hay at 10:30 after holding up pretty well.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger David N. Scott said...

I like the glasses under executioner mask look. ;)

10:08 PM  
Blogger BurgandySkies said...

Wow. That is an awesome yard! I miss decorating for Halloween.

Great costumes, too!

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Vivian Louise said...

Raw meat? That's just so cool!

BTW, I think you make a fine witch.

2:30 PM  
Blogger David N. Scott said...

Nancy actually does pretty fine in that picture. ;) ;) :O

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home