Saturday, January 24, 2009

Loyal Opposition

Speaking of the opposition: Heartthrob Andy Levy has some advice for the loyal opposition (count me among them, by the way):

DON’T question the motives - question the policy. When you disagree with Obama’s policies, say so, and make it clear why. But remember that President Obama is doing what he thinks is best for the country, as President Bush did. Both men love America and want what’s best for her. End of story.

DON’T make it personal. We don’t need another Derangement Syndrome. We don’t need people doing things like emphasizing Obama’s middle name in a derogatory fashion. How anyone would think that’s beneficial to their cause, or to the country as a whole, is beyond me. Also, it’s not even clever. Neither are smushwords like BusHitler, or sillywords like Rethuglicans and Dhimmicrats.

More "Don'ts" at the link. He also says don't use the phrase "speaking truth to power," and my question is, not even for parody?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike LaRoche said...

I didn't care much for that article, myself. Obama will get no loyalty from me, not even as the opposition.

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home